What is a Psychiatrist?
A Psychiatrist is a Board-Certified Doctor who treats and diagnoses all conditions pertaining to mental health, focusing, among others, on: the detection of mental illnesses, the treatment of learning disabilities, and the management of substance use disorders.
Ultimately, a Healthy Lifestyle and Prevention are the most important steps towards maintaining your mental health:
Important recommendations include:
- stay connected with family and friends
- use relaxation and stress management techniques such as yoga
- avoid excessive consumption of alcohol and drugs
- maintain a physical activity routine such as walking
#Social #Anxiety can be very stressful for children and can prevent them from making friends and performing well in school. Never hesitate to bring your child to the #Pediatrician or #ChildPsychiatrist if you notice him/her to be sad, not have friends in school, or have difficulties with academic performance. A proper evaluation can help make the correct diagnosis, determine the best treatment, and set him/her on the path to good #Mental #Health and fulfilling life experiences.
#Heart #Disease is the #1 Cause of Death in Women (all ages and ethnicities) in the U.S., with 22% of all women deaths yearly being due to it. Visit your #Primary #Care doctor every year and implement #Lifestyle modifications that can help reduce your risk of heart disease: #healthy #diet, adequate #sleep, daily #activity and #exercise, and #Stress #Reduction.
#HeartDisease #HeartAttack #Hypertension #PrimaryCare #Cardiology #Prevention #PreventiveMedicine
Heart Disease is the Number 1 Cause of Death for Women in the United States, killing almost 300,000 women in 2017. In order to decrease your risk of Heart Disease, please follow these general recommendations:
* Exercise 30 min daily at least 3 days/week
* Eat a healthy, balanced diet, low in fat and processed foods
* Avoid drinking excess alcohol
* Stop cigarette smoking
* Manage stress by practicing Coping Techniques
Meditating 5 minutes each day can have a positive impact in our mental and physical health:
* helps us manage stress and control anxiety,
* improves our memory and attention span,
* increases self-awareness,
* reduces negative emotions,
* increases our creativity and imagination.